Monthly Archives: September 2010
The 2010 Great Taste Awards results are in and…
Hime Fuki does it again! Last year, the grower who makes Hime Fuki down in Makurazaki, which is in Kagoshima Prefecture, took the Great Taste Awards in the UK by storm by winning the very prestigious three star gold award for Hime Fuki (the first and only tea grower in Japan to ever achieve such accolades). This year, he managed to continue the legacy by gaining the one star gold award which we think to be a great achievement, and one we are most happy to hear about.
A standing ovation please, here it is, the double award winner Hime Fuki:
Not familiar with the Great Taste Awards? Well, what can we say, to gain an award at the great taste awards is considered the pinnacle by many in the specialty food and drink industry!
So hurry folks! We only have limited stocks of Hime Fuki this harvest year, not because we are drinking all of it (although we’d like to), but because it is genuinely only made in very small quantities, so if you’d like to try 2010 harvest Hime Fuki, don’t forget to put it in your shopping cart before everybody else does! If it does happen to sell out before you are able to purchase it, not to worry! As you are very welcome to ponder over our other organic black teas which are just lovely, too and not quite so limited. All found in our Japanese Black Tea category over at Yuuki-Cha.
Greetings and welcome to Yuuki-Cha’s new official blog!
As of the 11th of September we have moved over to a new shopping cart which we are really quite happy with. A BIG thank you must go out to all of the customers that have inputted ideas to us on how to improve the overall look & function of Yuuki-Cha. It has been a great help in the new layout and checkout procedure, so thank you! What do you think?
Here is a list of a few things we have changed around or added:
- Our matcha accessories e.g. matcha bowls, whisks, scoops etc. have now been moved to a new category “Matcha Accessories” rather than being under the organic matcha category.
- Our houhin teapots are now in the Japanese Teapot category rather than being under the organic gyokuro category.
- We have added a Gift Certificate categoryto enable our customers to be able to purchase and send gift certificates to family or friends. A heavily requested feature from many of our customers, so please do make use of it!
- We created a Facebook Fan Page, so if you are a user of Facebook please don’t hesitate to become one of our fans!
- We have joined Twitter, so if you are a twitter user please come and follow Our Tweets.
- And of course, we have started our very own blog for you to keep up-to-date with the latest goings on at Yuuki-Cha.
Enjoy surfing around, and please do Contact Us if you experience any problems using our new shopping cart.