A Tokoname teapot by artist Gyokuryu. A great deal of thought has quite obviously gone into designing a teapot for the end user. There are many features that make this teapot great!
- It's a genuine "tetsukuri" (handmade) Tokoname teapot.
- It has a beautiful "mogake" design which is acheived by wrapping the ceramics with seaweed before firing them in the kiln.
- It has a ceramic strainer.
- It has a practical lid handle for easy handling.
- It has a wide lid opening which makes it easy to place leaves and pour water into.
- The back part of the teapot's lid rest has been removed making the removal of spent/used leaves very easy (see images).
- It has a unique spout design to aid pouring and help prevent dripping (see images).
One of the most functional Tokoname Teapots that we have come across at Yuuki-Cha, we recommend it totally!
|Capacity (Approx)||240ml (8.1oz)|
|Filter Type||Ceramic Mesh|
|Origin||Aichi, Japan (MADE IN JAPAN)|
Mogake Tokoname Teapot
- Product Code: kyu-009
- Availability: Out Of Stock